We have vacancies for experienced, friendly and self-motivated field IT support technicians in both the Greater Manchester and West Midlands areas.
It is expected that you would have some experience of providing great service via a technical support help desk.
- Worked in a similar field support role for a minimum of 2 years
- Windows Server 2003/2008/2012 qualifications are desirable. However, minimum skills required from applicants are Windows 1st line administration skills
- Active Directory, DHCP, DNS and Group Policies
- Microsoft Office
- LAN networking and firewalls
- Remote working, e.g. VPN and Remote Desktop
- Virtualisation Technologies (Citrix/Xen)
- Ethernet Networks IPv4 and IPv6
- Windows Desktop Support (Windows Vista and above)
- Technical customer support or help desk experience
- Owning a car is desirable. However, minimum must have a full UK driving licence
- Understanding of Hosted Desktop, VoIP and Exchange
- Commercial awareness (How the IT will help the business)
Some of the responsibilities of this position are:-
- Quickly resolving customer issues via ticket/telephone and escalating support requests whenever necessary
- Server configuration and network support/administration
- Managing backups
- Monitoring all data centre services
- Managing tasks and liaising with 3rd party contractors
- Installing and modifying equipment as required, e.g. PCs, printers, phones, switches, etc.
- Deployment of servers
- Providing a very high level of customer support to match our company ethos
Remuneration and benefits
The salary range for this role is £18,000 to £26,000 per annum and will be dependent on experience. What’s best though is that you get the opportunity to carry out an interesting and challenging role in a growing company. You’ll also be part of our friendly and supportive team.
We value long-serving employees and their loyalty is recognised and rewarded through extra holidays.
How to apply
If you have the required skills, experience and personality, and are looking for a new role within a fast-paced internet environment, then please send us your CV along with a covering letter telling us why we should select you using the button below